Apply For Scholarships
- New and Renewal Applications will now be taken once a year between Jan 1 and March 31
- Scholarships will be announced for a full academic year for the Fall & Spring Semesters
- Awards for the Fall Semester will be dispersed once:
- A letter of agreement has been signed and received
- A Verification of Enrollement form signed by the School Registrar's Office has been received
- Awards for the Spring Semester will be dispersed once:
- A copy of the "Official Transcript" showing you have maintained a GPA of 3.0 and higher has been received
- Your class schedule showing a minimum of 5* credit hours to be taken has been received (*certain circumstances will be considered)
- A Verification of Enrollment form signed by the School Registrar's Office has been received
- Awardees will still need to re-apply each year for subsequent awards
- There has been confusion regarding our Scholarship Program and Criteria needed
- High School graduates are no longer eligible to apply and receive a scholarship due to the possibility of first year college students changing majors
- Previous winners of the “special” County High School Scholarship Awards offered between 2014-2016 were grandfathered in due to this award.
- ACT scores and GPA’s are requested to help identify qualified candidates
The Degen Foundation believes it’s imperative to recruit and retain a variety of health care services in the River Valley area and is committed to perpetuating the delivery and availability of quality health care and education. With the resources generously given to us by individuals, families and corporations who want to provide a path to higher education for future generations, The Degen Foundation will grant scholarships to those qualified individuals wishing to further their medical provider education in order to fulfill our mission.
Applications will be accepted by either email or hard copy. If emailed, please scan all appropriate documents to Tom Webb, Executive Director at: email@example.com. If mailed, send to PO Box 10366, Fort Smith, AR 72917.